Enyx announced today its FPB1 development platform is now available to the market. The platform is based on Altera's latest 28-nm high-performance Stratix V FPGA and is particularly suited for use in real-time financial applications.
The board offers the latest PCI Express 3.0 and Ethernet 40G connectivity coupled with an outstanding array of ultra-low latency QDR II+ and high density DDR3-1600 memories within a standard ¾ length PCIe form factor.
"This alliance of high density DDR and low latency QDR memories makes our development platform perfectly adapted to "on-the-wire" processing such as pre-trade risk checks, market data filtering or full hardware book building applications" says Enyx's CTO Brice Vincent.
By coupling a high-performance 28-nm Stratix V FPGA with a set of IPs such as hardware TCP and UDP networking stacks, PCI-Express DMA and Market Data decoders, Enyx FPB1 becomes the most complete platform for players wanting to create a complete trading engine on a single board.
This platform enables new applications to be developed and deployed by Enyx such as Multi Market feed handlers processing up to 16000 US Equities instruments across up to 8 different markets. Perfect for Pre-Trade risk applications enabling connection of multiple customers to a single board and also opening the way to create fair access feed distribution systems on the exchange side, using the 14 x 10GbE ports available on the board.
Enyx FPB1 platform key technical features:
- Altera Stratix V GX FPGA 5SGXEA7N2F45C2N
- 8 banks of 144 Mbit QDR II+ memory running at 550 MHz
- 2 banks of 8 Gb DDR3-1600 memory running at 800 MHz
- 3 x QSFP+ for 40 Gb/s or 10 Gb/s Ethernet or PCI-Express External Cabling Applications
- 2 x SFP+ for 10 Gb/s and 1 Gb/s Ethernet fiber or copper applications
- PCI Express 3.0 8x edge offering the stunning bandwidth of 64 Gb/s to the server memory