Functional area: Market Infrastructure and Payments
The European Central Bank is a team of teams working together to safeguard price stability and financial stability for millions of people. We offer varied opportunities and challenges in a people-centred working culture that gives you a voice and the remit to make an impact – for Europe.
You will be part of the Market Infrastructure Development Division, which forms part of the Directorate General Market Infrastructure and Payments. The Division coordinates and executes large-scale Eurosystem projects in the areas of market infrastructure and payments (e.g. TARGET2, TARGET2-Securities, instant payments and collateral management). This includes projects to create new market infrastructures as well as to carry out larger-scale updates of existing systems.
The Division analyses all business, economic and technical issues related to its projects, as well as possible constraints. It prepares policy decisions for consideration by the ECB’s Governing Council and undertakes analytical work for other governance bodies and future users. The Division also provides support to the bodies in charge of the various projects and is responsible for project-related communications with all external stakeholders involved in technical and policy issues.
To further enhance the diversity of the team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As an Adviser you will perform some or all of the following tasks depending on the Division’s needs:
- lead a project team or a team providing services to multiple projects;
- perform a strategic review of the case for delivering a project and the conditions that must be met for it to be successful;
- communicate strategic motivations for a project in a convincing manner to external and internal stakeholders;
- provide a strategic overview of the risks and issues which may impact the project and take action in time to ensure a successful project delivery;
- negotiate with potential service providers;
- ensure projects meet user needs.
Qualifications and experience:
You will bring to the role:
- a master’s degree ideally in business administration or computer sciences, or a bachelor’s degree in either of those fields combined with a minimum of four years of relevant experience in the area of market infrastructure;
- in addition, ideally more than seven years of experience in at least one of the following areas: securities settlement systems, payments or financial services market infrastructure, collateral management systems or financial market operations;
- ideally, experience of performing a key role in the successful delivery of a market infrastructure project;
- experience presenting complex functional and/or technical topics in a clear and concise manner to internal and external audiences;
- the ability to engage stakeholders, collaborate, steer change, embrace diversity, think analytically and deliver high-quality results;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
You will bring with you the ability to lead project teams, communicate effectively, share information, ensure mutual comprehension, prioritise tasks according to strategic considerations and resources, negotiate and support team members.
Further Information: Three-year fixed-term contract.
The recruiting business area is willing to support part-time arrangements for this position.
How to apply: Applications are to be made in English and submitted using our online application form. An "Applicants' Guide" can be downloaded from our recruitment pages.
For more information on how to apply, please visit:
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Further information on the ECB's conditions of employment for fixed-term positions can be found at https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/what-we-offer/contract/fixed/html/index.en.html
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.
This position has been allocated to salary band: I
Closing Date for Applications: Mon, 3 Apr 2017