EBA CLEARING (ABE CLEARING S.A.S.), a Company under French law, delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry, to support its users’ needs in line with their requirements.
EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro and the exchange of these payments by payment service providers. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been identified as Systemically Important Payment Systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank (ECB). EBA CLEARING is also working on the delivery of a pan-European instant payments infrastructure solution for November 2017.
EBA CLEARING was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system developed by the Euro Banking Association (EBA). Today, EBA CLEARING counts 53 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions in euro to a wide community of banks across Europe.
Aside from developing, running and evolving payment infrastructure services, EBA CLEARING developed MyBank, a pan-European e-authorisation solution, which went live with a payment initiation service via e- and m-banking in 2013. Today, the MyBank activities are managed by PRETA S.A.S., a fully-owned subsidiary of EBA CLEARING.
We are looking for a Risk Manager on a full-time, permanent basis to support the review of all potential risk factors involved in running our business activities The Risk Manager will reinforce the Risk Unit in Brussels or Paris. The Risk Unit is responsible for managing the risks throughout the organisation, and accountable for the maintenance of the Enterprise Management Framework (ERMF), the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). The Risk Unit is entrusted with the management of all Company risks mainly of an operational and IT nature.
Your tasks will include:
• determining the nature and level of risks. This includes the analysis and assessment of risks and provide the basis for risk evaluation and decisions concerning the risk treatment to safeguard the Company in compliance with the Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems (CPSS) and International Organization of Securities Commissions’ (IOSCO) Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures (PFMI), in particular Principle 3, i.e. the framework for the comprehensive management of risks;
•contributing to the definition and maintenance of the necessary tools for risk assessment;
• early warnings risk indicators and their evolution;
• conducting individual risk interviews with the senior executives and other managers;
• facilitating workshops for risk identification, analysis and evaluation;
• developing risk cartographies for each business unit and business process;
• presenting and validating major risks;
• participating in drafting, consolidating and following-up of action plans;
• analysing and deploying the risk treatment action plans.
You will also:
• contribute to the definition, enhancement and communication concerning the Company’s crisis management arrangements;
• assist in potential crisis situations;
• promote a strong risk awareness within the Company;
• contribute to the development of an internal and external network of risk correspondents;
• participate in risk seminars and committees;
• draft internal communications regarding risk culture.
Within this position you will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
The successful candidate will
• have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies in risk management, finance, economics, business administration and management or a certification in risk management;
• have at least 10 years of relevant proven full-time professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility, in the fields covered by the job description, i.e. a solid comparable international work experience in risk management ideally within the European market infrastructure or transaction banking environment and a good working knowledge of the concepts and practices of risk management;
• have a significant experience in the identification, mitigation and assessment of Cyber and IT Security risks and Business Continuity Management System;
• have strong leadership skills with outstanding communication and high interpersonal skills;
• be highly analytical with efficient problem-solving skills and the ability to take decisions under pressure;
• have an ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision;
• be a good team player with a great capacity to integrate and enjoy working in a multi-cultural and multi-locational pan-European team.
• be familiar with Internal and External Audit practices;
• have proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• be fluent in English (in written and spoken form); an additional European language would be a plus.
Before applying for this position, which is based in Brussels (Belgium) or Paris (France), please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union. Occasional travel, primarily between Paris and Brussels, will be required.
For further information, please visit our websites at:
www.abe-eba.eu – www.ebaclearing.eu –www.ebaday.eu – www.mybank.eu
Follow us on www.twitter.com/ebaclearing or www.linkedin.com/company/ebaclearing.