Functional area: Market Infrastructure and Payments
The European Central Bank is a team of teams working together to safeguard price stability and financial stability for millions of people. We offer varied opportunities and challenges in a people-centred working culture that gives you a voice and the remit to make an impact – for Europe.
You will be part of the Market Infrastructure Development Division which forms part of the Directorate General Market Infrastructure and Payments (DG/MIP). The Division coordinates and executes large-scale Eurosystem projects in the areas of market infrastructure and payments (e.g. TARGET2, TARGET2Securities, instant payments, collateral management). This includes projects to create new market infrastructures as well as to renovate and carry out larger-scale updates of existing systems.
The Division analyses all business, economic and technical issues related to its projects, as well as possible project limitations. It also prepares policy decisions for consideration by the ECB’s Governing Council and undertakes analytical work for other governance bodies and future users. The Division also provides support to the bodies in charge of the various projects and is responsible for project-related communications with all external stakeholders involved in technical and policy issues.
We are now hiring a number of Market Infrastructure Experts and Specialists to positions in various project teams. Most of the positions are at Expert level (F/G band), however a number of positions may be offered at Specialist level (E/F band), depending on business needs and to complement the variety of existing team members’ profiles.
To further enhance the diversity of the team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
We are now hiring Market Infrastructure Experts and Specialists who will:
• prepare and perform requirements (business) analyses and cost-benefit analyses for new projects;
• prepare and regularly review project plans, risk analyses and financial overviews;
• contribute to the preparation of project documentation and delivery to future users and decision-making bodies;
• contribute to project-specific change management processes and updates of scope-defining project documents;
• review proposals from potential service providers;
• analyse, document and respond to functional and/or technical enquiries from (future) users, providing suitable solutions;
• resolve project issues and document project inconsistencies;
• contribute to the preparation and execution of functional and/or technical testing as part of acceptance testing procedures (e.g. by drafting or reviewing test scenarios or cases, or providing support for these tasks).
In addition, successful applicants for the positions of Market Infrastructure Expert will:
• discuss with stakeholders and (future) users the value proposition generated for them by new projects;
• interact with providers to ensure delivery of each project within scope, budget and time;
• cooperate with stakeholders from other business areas.
Qualifications and experience:
For the positions of Market Infrastructure Expert:
• a master’s degree ideally in business administration, computer sciences, or a bachelor’s degree in one of those fields combined with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in the financial services market infrastructure area;
• ideally, more than three years of experience in at least one of the following areas: securities settlement systems, payments or financial services market infrastructure, collateral management systems or financial market operations;
• considerable experience in drafting solution papers or business requirements relating to functional and technical topics;
• experience in ISO 20022 messages and/or xml standards would be an advantage.
For the positions of Market Infrastructure Specialist:
• a bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer sciences or a related field;
• ideally, between one and three years of experience in at least one of the following areas: securities settlement systems, payments or financial services market infrastructure, collateral management systems or financial market operations.
For all positions (Market Infrastructure Expert and Specialist):
• experience presenting complex functional and/or technical topics in a clear and concise manner to internal and external audiences;
• experience gained working in a central banking environment, in areas related to payment systems, would be an advantage;
• an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
Competencies: For all positions (Market Infrastructure Expert and Specialist):
• ability to communicate effectively, share information, ensure mutual comprehension, negotiate and support team members;
• ability to deliver results within tight time frames, manage multiple assignments, prioritise tasks appropriately and track status and progress on numerous processes simultaneously;
• ability to collaborate, steer change, embrace diversity, think analytically, manage stakeholders and deliver high-quality results.
Further Information: Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent one after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
These positions are allocated to salary bands F/G and E/F.
The recruiting business area is willing to support part-time arrangements for this position.
How to apply: Applications are to be made in English and submitted using our online application form. An "Applicants' Guide" can be downloaded from our recruitment pages.
For more information on how to apply, please visit: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/vacancies/html/index.en.html
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Further information on the ECB's conditions of employment for fixed-term positions can be found at:
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.
Closing Date for Applications: Tue, 21 Feb 2017