EBA CLEARING (ABE CLEARING S.A.S.), a Company under French law, delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry, to support its users needs in line with their requirements.
The strategic aims of the Company are to ensure a pan-European and country-neutral approach for the development and delivery of infrastructure solutions, thereby ensuring excellence and robustness in delivering its services. EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro and the exchange of these payments by payment service providers. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been identified as Systemically Important Payment Systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank (ECB).
EBA CLEARING was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system developed by the Euro Banking Association (EBA). Today, EBA CLEARING counts 60 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions in euro to a wide community of banks across Europe. Aside from developing, running and evolving payment infrastructure services, EBA CLEARING developed MyBank, a pan-European eauthorisation solution, which went live with a payment initiation service via e- and m-banking in 2013. Today, the MyBank activities are managed by PRETA S.A.S., a fully-owned subsidiary of EBA CLEARING.
We are looking for a Risk Manager on a full-time, permanent basis to support the review of all potential risk factors involved in running our business activities. The Risk Manager will reinforce the Risk Unit in Brussels or Paris. The Risk Unit is responsible for managing the risks throughout the organisation, and accountable for the maintenance of the Enterprise Management Framework (ERMF), the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). It is entrusted with the management of all the risks the company may face in its operational, financial, legal and strategic objectives and its management.
Your tasks will include:
- determining the nature and level of risks. This includes analysing and assessing risks to provide the basis for risk evaluation and the decisions concerning the risk treatment to safeguard the Company against risks in compliance with the Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems (CPSS) and International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)s Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures (PFMI), in particular Principle 3, i.e. the framework for the comprehensive management of risks;
- contributing to the definition and maintenance of the necessary tools for risk assessment;
- providing early warnings of risks and their evolution;
- conducting individual risk interviews with the senior executives and other managers;
- facilitating workshops for risk identification, analysis and evaluation;
- developing risk cartographies for each business unit and business process;
- compiling and consolidating an overview of the Companys major risks;
- participating in drafting action plans;
- analysing and deploying the risk treatment action plans.
You will also:
- contribute to the definition, implementation and communication concerning the Companys crisis management, and to the development and maintenance of prevention and crisis management tools;
- maintain and continuously improve the crisis management arrangements;
- promote a strong risk awareness within the Company;
- contribute to the development of an internal and external network of risk correspondents;
- participate in seminars and committees;
- draft internal communications regarding risk culture.
Within this position you will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO).
The successful candidate will:
- have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies in risk management, finance, economics, business administration and management or a certification in risk management;
- have at least 10 years of relevant proven fulltime professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility, in the fields covered by the job description, i.e. a solid comparable international work experience in risk management ideally within the European market infrastructure or transaction banking environment and a good working knowledge of the concepts and practices of risk management (Cyber Security, IT Security and Business Continuity Management System);
- have strong leadership skills with outstanding communication and high interpersonal skills;
- be highly analytical with good problem-solving skills and the ability to take decisions under pressure;
- have an ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision;
- be a good team player with a great capacity to integrate and enjoy working in a multicultural and multi-locational pan-European team;
- be familiar with Internal and External Audit practices;
- have proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- be fluent in English (in written and spoken form); an additional European language would be a plus.
Before applying for this position, which is based in Brussels (Belgium) or Paris (France), please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union. Occasional travel, primarily between Paris and Brussels, will be required.
- think you meet the required qualifications and skills,
- are willing to develop your career in a challenging and international environment, with enticing compensation & benefits,
- want to work for a company that plays a key role in expanding pan-European payment infrastructures,
we invite you to send your application including a curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English for the attention of:
Head of Human Resources
EBA CLEARING S.A.S.
40 rue de Courcelles
75008 Paris, France
Information about the application process:
Please note that only complete applications will be accepted and considered. In order for the application to be considered complete, candidates must submit the following documents: a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (both in English). At this initial stage of the application process, please do not send us any supporting documents (e.g. work certificates or diplomas).
Start and end dates of all previous positions and whether they were full-time or part-time positions should be indicated in the curriculum vitae. The CV should contain details of any professional experience and studies as well as of any relevant trainings or research work.
If an application is retained for any interview rounds, the candidate should be in a position to submit documents supporting the information provided in the CV. These may include work certificates or recommendation letters, which should indicate the duration and nature of experience. Freelance or self-employed candidates should provide either a copy of the entry in the relevant trade register or any official document (for example a tax revenue) showing the length of the relevant work experience.
Alternatively, candidates may provide individual contacts for professional references in relation to their previous work or study experiences. Candidates should also be ready to provide 1-2 of these contacts upon request, i.e. in addition to any work certificates or letters of recommendation submitted to EBA CLEARING.
The address indicated in the curriculum vitae will be used as the location from which a candidate invited to a face-to-face interview will travel.
For further information, please visit our websites at:
www.abe-eba.eu - www.ebaclearing.eu -www.ebaday.eu - www.mybank.eu
Follow us on www.twitter.com/ebaclearing or www.linkedin.com/company/ebaclearing.