EBA CLEARING (ABE CLEARING S.A.S.), a Company under French law, delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry, to support its users' needs in line with their requirements.
The strategic aims of the Company are to ensure a pan-European and country-neutral approach for the development and delivery of infrastructure solutions, thereby ensuring excellence and robustness in delivering its services. EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro and the exchange of these payments by payment service providers. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been identified as Systemically Important Payment Systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank (ECB). EBA CLEARING is also planning to deliver a pan-European instant payments infrastructure solution in the course of 2017.
EBA CLEARING was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system developed by the Euro Banking Association (EBA). Today, EBA CLEARING counts 53 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions in euro to a wide community of banks across Europe. Aside from developing, running and evolving payment infrastructure services, EBA CLEARING developed MyBank, a pan-European e-authorisation solution, which went live with a payment initiation service via e- and m-banking in 2013. Today, the MyBank activities are managed by PRETA S.A.S., a fully-owned subsidiary of EBA CLEARING.
We are looking for a highly motivated, pro-active, co-operative professional with excellent communication and organisational skills, and a proven track record in a similar position to support our Office Administration and Management (OAM) team. The Management Coordinator will provide operational support and coordinate all activities related to the organisation of conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, and other key events of EBA CLEARING and the Euro Banking Association.
The successful candidate will reinforce the OAM Team of EBA CLEARING in the Paris office and will report directly to the Head of the OAM Department.
Your tasks will include:
- providing administrative support for the planning, organisation, coordination and hosting of conferences, meetings, seminars, workshops, and other key events, among which external events like EBA Summer and Winter Schools, EBAday fringe sessions, Open Forum on pan-European Instant Payments, EBAday Business Fora, information sessions, roadshows etc.;
- executing all preparations from end to end related to the organisation of events;
- sending out the invitations, providing registration information to participants, verifying and confirming the participants' registrations;
- providing advice on the choice of external venues, guidance on minimising associated costs and managing the event calendar;
- managing the relationships with external suppliers;
- ensuring successful completion of any tenders required for an event related to goods/services including hotel and venue negotiations and contracts;
- organising and preparing rooms before and after the meetings: ensuring that rooms are ready and set up, technical and audio-visual set-up/equipment available, catering ordered and set-up in time;
- providing support to participants during events to ensure maximum satisfaction of all participants;
- working together with the administrative coordinators involved in the preparation and running of the events, in particular in the execution of some of the tasks related to travel and accommodation to ensure a coordinated and centralised approach;
- acting as back-up for the reception desk in Paris.
In addition, you may assist the Services Units and the Marketing Coordination Office.
The successful candidate will:
- have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least two to three years in event management, communications, media, PR;
- have gained a minimum of three years of proven full-time professional experience in one of the relevant fields;
- have excellent spoken and written English and French language skills and a confident manner – any additional European languages would be an asset;
- have excellent IT skills (esp. MS Office, Outlook and CRM);
- have a solid sense of responsibility, commitment and cooperation;
- have an ability to analyse information from a wide range of sources, consider options and propose/implement solutions;
- be dynamic, with a proactive attitude, and creative with the ability to take initiatives;
- pay attention to detail, while still being able to see the big picture;
- have an ability to work efficiently under time pressure;
- have a strong sense of customer support, be sensitive to the needs of the different stakeholders and enjoy working in a multicultural team and communicating with a varied multinational audience.
Before applying for this position, which is based in Paris (France), please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.
- think you meet the required qualifications and skills,
- are willing to develop your career in a challenging and international environment, with enticing compensation & benefits,
- want to work for a company that plays a key role in expanding pan-European payment infrastructures,
we invite you to send your application including a curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English for the attention of:
Head of Human Resources
EBA CLEARING S.A.S.
40 rue de Courcelles
75008 Paris, France
Information about the application process:
Please note that only complete applications will be accepted and considered. In order for the application to be considered complete, candidates must submit the following documents: a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (both in English). At this initial stage of the application process, please do not send us any supporting documents (e.g. work certificates or diplomas).
Start and end dates of all previous positions and whether they were full-time or part-time positions should be indicated in the curriculum vitae. The CV should contain details of any professional experience and studies as well as of any relevant trainings or research work.
If an application is retained for any interview rounds, the candidate should be in a position to submit documents supporting the information provided in the CV. These may include work certificates or recommendation letters, which should indicate the duration and nature of experience. Freelance or self-employed candidates should provide either a copy of the entry in the relevant trade register or any official document (for example a tax revenue) showing the length of the relevant work experience.
Alternatively, candidates may provide individual contacts for professional references in relation to their previous work or study experiences. Candidates should also be ready to provide 1-2 of these contacts upon request, i.e. in addition to any work certificates or letters of recommendation submitted to EBA CLEARING.
The address indicated in the curriculum vitae will be used as the location from which a candidate invited to a face-to-face interview will travel.
For further information, please visit our websites at:
www.abe-eba.eu – www.ebaclearing.eu – www.ebaday.eu – www.mybank.eu
Follow us on www.twitter.com/ebaclearing or https://www.linkedin.com/company/eba-clearing.