EBA CLEARING (ABE CLEARING S.A.S.), a Company under French law, delivers and manages market infrastructure solutions for the pan-European payments industry, to support its users’ needs in line with their requirements.
The strategic aims of the Company are to ensure a pan-European and country-neutral approach for the development and delivery of infrastructure solutions, thereby ensuring excellence and robustness in delivering its services. EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro and the exchange of these payments by payment service providers. Both EURO1 and STEP2 have been identified as Systemically Important Payment Systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank (ECB). EBA CLEARING is also planning to deliver a pan-European instant payments infrastructure solution in the course of 2017.
EBA CLEARING was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system developed by the Euro Banking Association (EBA). Today, EBA CLEARING counts 53 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions in euro to a wide community of banks across Europe. Aside from developing, running and evolving payment infrastructure services, EBA CLEARING developed MyBank, a pan-European e-authorisation solution, which went live with a payment initiation service via e- and m-banking in 2013. Today, the MyBank activities are managed by PRETA S.A.S., a fully-owned subsidiary of EBA CLEARING.
The post and main responsibilities
We are looking for a full-time, permanent employee to support our Project Management Office (PMO) team in their work on new initiatives and projects.
The successful candidate will reinforce the PMO team of EBA CLEARING in the Paris office of the Company.
Your main responsibilities will consist of:
- supporting and upgrading existing applications, programs, and systems;
- analysing requirements, designing, developing, implementing and testing new applications which provide solutions to business’ needs;
- supporting the development of our intranet (Microsoft SharePoint) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application;
- developing and maintaining technical documentation;
- writing, updating and preparing explanatory documentation or presentations on the software tools, applications, systems, programs as well as operating procedures;
- updating statistics and reports as well as preparing new reports and enhancing the way the data is displayed;
- assisting in resolving problems reported by team members.
Within this post, you will be reporting to the management of the PMO team.
The successful candidate will:
- have an IT/computer science qualification with a specialisation in computing or software development/ programming or design (e.g. MIAGE) or a proven capability of competence using.net based applications;
- have excellent spoken and written English skills and a confident manner; an additional European language would be a plus;
- have gained experience in working in a technical environment (minimum two years);
- possess excellent communication and project management skills;
- be flexible and adaptable to changing needs;
- work well under pressure and have excellent problem solving and organisational skills;
- be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- be dynamic, pro-active and enjoy working in a multicultural team and communicating with a varied multinational audience.
In addition, a good working knowledge (minimum 5 years of experience) of the following programming and scripting languages is required:
- Framework .NET C#;
- ASP .NET MVC;
- Entity framework;
- Object-Oriented Programming;
- Strong SQL Server knowledge (complex query, optimisation).
Finally, a solid knowledge of development methodology is a must, especially in these areas:
- Continuous integration,
- Test Driven Development.
Before applying for this position, which is based in Paris (France), please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.
- think you meet the required qualifications and skills,
- are willing to develop your career in a challenging and international environment, with enticing compensation & benefits,
- want to work for a company that plays a key role in expanding pan-European payment infrastructures,
we invite you to send your application including a curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English for the attention of:
Head of Human Resources
EBA CLEARING S.A.S.
40 rue de Courcelles
75008 Paris, France
Information about the application process:
Please note that only complete applications will be accepted and considered. In order for the application to be considered complete, candidates must submit the following documents: a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (both in English). At this initial stage of the application process, please do not send us any supporting documents (e.g. work certificates or diplomas).
Start and end dates of all previous positions and whether they were full-time or part-time positions should be indicated in the curriculum vitae. The CV should contain details of any professional experience and studies as well as of any relevant trainings or research work.
If an application is retained for any interview rounds, the candidate should be in a position to submit documents supporting the information provided in the CV. These may include work certificates or recommendation letters, which should indicate the duration and nature of experience. Freelance or self-employed candidates should provide either a copy of the entry in the relevant trade register or any official document (for example a tax revenue) showing the length of the relevant work experience.
Alternatively, candidates may provide individual contacts for professional references in relation to their previous work or study experiences. Candidates should also be ready to provide 1-2 of these contacts upon request, i.e. in addition to any work certificates or letters of recommendation submitted to EBA CLEARING.
The address indicated in the curriculum vitae will be used as the location from which a candidate invited to a face-to-face interview will travel.
For further information, please visit our websites at:
www.abe-eba.eu – www.ebaclearing.eu –www.ebaday.eu – www.mybank.eu
Follow us on www.twitter.com/ebaclearing or https://www.linkedin.com/company/eba-clearing.