In this audio interview with Suzanne Dence and Keith Bear at IBM, they elaborate on the findings of IBM's recent study into globalisation trends in financial markets, and provide some in-depth recommendations and examples of how firms can position themselves for success.
This 24 minute interview covers the following subjects:
» Download the document now 22 mb (MP3 Format Sound)
- Key strategies for successfully entering burgeoning markets such as India, Russia and China; and the danger of the herd mentality.
- How recent credit market developments have borne out the research’s findings – highlighting poor internal business risk management at many firms, but some such as Goldman Sachs who effectively manage their business as a portfolio with very transparent view of risk.
- The impact of the emerging financial centres in Shenzhen, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Dubai, and what infrastructure investments these burgeoning centres will need to make to succeed.
- How dynamic capability assembly can help organisations succeed in a more globalised world and what lessons the financial markets can learn from other industries.
- The role of SOA and real-time information management in transforming business structure and collaboration models, and what benefits financial markets firms are seeing from their investments in these areas.