Source: Finextra Research, Intel
Finextra research into technology and business trends in financial services 2006/2007.
- Compliance, operations automation and risk management are chief among the critical issues that organisations are dealing with in their business and technology strategies.
- Processing power is causing bottlenecks for organisations across a number of areas, but the key one is in risk computation, where 35% of organisations are experiencing bottlenecks.
- In the trading environment, the ability to cope with growing volumes in commoditised instruments is seen as the biggest potential benefit from improved availability and management of processing power.
- Energy consumption and the current high energy prices have already begun to influence procurement and application design decisions, with 33% of firms currently seeing this as a major concern.
- On average, organisations enjoyed an increase in IT budgets of 11.1% this financial year. But that growth is expected to slow, with an average of a 6.9% rise for the next financial year, as organisations look to get the most from their investment.
The research was conducted among investment banks, hedge funds and asset managers in August.Download the full report