Join Finextra, Starling Bank, Standard Chartered, and Pelican for our on demand webinar as we discuss open banking and PSD2 and the changes it will bring.
Open banking and PSD2 are set to change the way consumers manage their finances and represents a fundamental shift in the banking industry. For the first time, authorised third party providers will have access to customer accounts and the information around those - in short, the information that banks have been custodians of for years. There is enormous pressure on banks to leverage their favourable position in the market as trusted customer data holders and reinvent themselves to offer new products and services to remain relevant and secure their customer base.
Some smaller players in the financial technology space are challenged by not having the resources or internal structure to obtain the required licensing to take full advantage of the third party provider ecosystem. The lack of any defined API means there will be fragmentation and potentially dozens of APIs or more, causing a headache for the TPPs that the new ecosystem was meant to benefit. What can be done to address this pain point?
Join us for our our on demand webinar as Finextra, Starling Bank, Standard Chartered, and Pelican answer these questions and more such as;
- What problems does the integration of multiple API platforms pose to financial organisations and how can these be overcome?
- Can banks harness the potential of AI to facilitate the change they must undergo?
- What are the benefits and challenges of banks operating as TPPs?
- How can financial organisations ensure frictionless third party access?
- Can banks leverage their position as trusted customer data holders to compete in the new environment?
- Tristan Blampied, Senior Product Manager, Pelican
- Sam Everington, Lead Engineer, Open Banking & Payment Services, Starling Bank
- Victor Penna, Regional Head of Cash Management, Europe & Americas, Standard Chartered
- Gary Wright, Content Director, Finextra