03 May 2018 at 08:00 CEST
Grandhotel Hessischer Hof, Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 40, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The registration process is not live.
Join Finextra, EPAM and a number of expert speakers from banks, neobanks, fintechs and analyst firms on 03 May 2018 at 08:00 CEST as we explore in-depth the challenges and practical opportunities of payments transformation.
The payments industry is now heavily embroiled in reacting to and managing the practical implications of the many initiatives they have helped to shape. As attention is turned from regulatory compliance the challenge is how payment providers compete in a market with rapidly evolving technology and greater customer expectation of the services and solutions they offer.
Against this backdrop, the rise of real-time payment schemes and the movement towards open banking dependent on API networks, are two further trends shaping banks’ thinking about how to approach the payments business of the future.
Join us as we bring together a number of expert speakers from banks, neobanks, fintechs and analyst firms to explore in-depth the challenges and practical opportunities of payments transformation.
Through keynote speeches and an interactive panel session, the agenda will address a number of critical questions in the context of payments transformation, including:
- How should leading edge technologies such as biometrics, identity, wearables, m-wallets and chatbots be employed to engage customers better?
- There has been a strong focus on the retail sector but attention must turn to the corporate marketplace. How does technology and the growth of information based services improve liquidity and cash management services in this sector?
- What impact will major technology trends such as artificial intelligence, cloud services and the move to open APIs have on the payments industry and how should banks be responding to these developments?
- What business opportunities and challenges do instant payments create for banks around the world?
- As the role of banks in the e-commerce ecosystem evolves, how should they be engaging with players in other industries, and how can they exploit a world class payments capability to remain relevant going forward?
- Kate Pohl, Managing Director / Head of Payments Innovation, ING
- Alistair Brown, Global Head of Payments, EPAM
Join us on 03 May 2018 for a lively and informative discussion on how banks can avoid the pitfalls and exploit the opportunities of payments transformation.