Wednesday 29 November 2017 at 08:30 - 10:30
Trocadero room, Sofitel Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel, 88 bis avenue Kléber - 75116 Paris, France
The registration process is not live.
Join Finextra and ACI Worldwide on 29 November 2017 in Paris for our breakfast roundtable discussion on driving revenue from real-time payments
2017 has been called “the year of real-time”, and for good reason; 25 systems and schemes around the world are already operational, and at least 11 are in development, with Europe at the forefront.
There is an inevitability about real-time payments that means transaction and retail banks must develop real-time payments strategies. But in addition to the technical work they must do to be ready, banks must also tackle one other very major hurdle – how to make money out of real-time payments.
Building a business case for real-time is notoriously difficult. There are no existing volumes from which to project, and the ROI will also depend on speed of uptake – which is impossible to predict. What is pretty certain is that the business case for real-time will be weak if it’s predicated on just deploying a new payments rail.
The forthcoming roundtable discussion hosted by ACI Worldwide and Finextra in Paris will explore ways in which banks can leverage the opportunity of real-time payments to not only keep up with customer demand, but get ahead of it, deliver exciting new products and services, and drive important additional revenues.
The discussions will bring together a number of real-time payments experts from across the financial industry to share insights and address a range of key questions including:
- Why is the business case for real-time so hard?
- Are there challenges on the road to value-added services, and how can they be tackled?
- What role does technology play in helping banks unlock the power of real-time payments?
- Is collaboration the way forward for banks and the fintech community?
- Over what timescale can banks look to make money out of real-time?
- Michèle Zaquine, European Head of Payment Advisory, Global Liquidity & Cash Management, HSBC
- Paul Thomalla, SVP Global Corporate Relations & Development, ACI Worldwide
- Jeremy Light, MD Payment Services, Europe, Africa and Latin America, Accenture
- Jean-Marie Vallee, Chief Executive Officer, STET
All Finextra roundtables are held under Chatham House Rule and are a live event so no audio or recordings available. Registrations will only be accepted from banks or regulated financial institutions.