There has been a great deal of discussion over what PSD2 means in theory for payments practitioners, and how banks should build strategies to accommodate the global rise of real-time payments. But with 2017 around the corner, the time has come to consider practical approaches to these transformational developments.
Join FIS and Finextra for our on demand webinar to listen to a panel of payments innovation experts as they discuss the implications, opportunities and challenges open banking and instant payments hold for banks looking to innovate around both in the future.
After all, instant payments are the new norm. They are on the agenda of every bank around the world. Instant goes beyond the payment: all the processes around payments need to happen in real-time as well – including reconciliations, testing and fraud monitoring. To succeed in an immediate payments world, banks must deliver a full digital service, and meet client expectations in this evolving landscape.
The webinar covered a range of topics and questions including:
- Why open and instant?
- What will be the successful use cases?
- What are the practical challenges for implementation?
- What can banks learn from each other’s experiences?
- Should banks develop the technology they need themselves – or outsource?
- Moderator: Thea George, Research Director, Finextra
- Damian Richardson, Head of Innovation and Strategic Initiatives, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Gareth Lodge, Senior Analyst, Celent
- Tim Van der Wee, CTO enterprise payments, Fis
- Claus Richter, Head of Cash Management Customer Solutions, Nordea
Sign up for this webinar to learn more about the open and instant trends, how they are interdependent, and how banks are approaching these developments to generate benefits for their own businesses, and to deliver more competitive propositions to their customers.