In the ‘new normal’ pent-up credit demand from a growing mid-market remains a big global opportunity for lenders. At the same time volatility continues to impact debt markets and complex lending. Compliance and capital constraints are par for the course, and while reports suggest bank credit lines to businesses are on the rise, opportunities are being picked up by new entrants able to meet demands in underserved – yet potentially lucrative – areas of commercial and corporate credit.
This webinar from Finextra in association with Misys features a panel of industry experts on commercial and corporate lending and digital innovation – including banks, the new fintech financiers and industry analysts – to explore why, for many banks today, legacy processes, business silos and operations are creating unnecessary layers of operational complexity.
The panel includes:
- Stefan Verhoeven, Managing Director, Head of Corporate Lending Europe, ING Wholesale Banking
- Jimmie Bridwell, Chief Operating Officer at Virtus Partners, LLC
- Michael King, Chairman, Credits Vision
- Susan Feinberg, Senior Analyst, Celent Banking Practice
- Johanna Pugh, Global Head FusionBanking Lending, Misys
The panel explore the following topics, among others:
- Best practices to unify corporate and commercial credit from origination to servicing;
- Disruption, distraction and digitalisation – the impact on lending;
- Current and future compliance: IFRS9, LCR, Credit data transparency e.g. Anacredit, new standards in credit information;
- Case studies of banks that have embraced new lending opportunities;
- The future of technology in complex credit: crowdfunding, blockchain and channel innovation.
We also have a paper presenting the discussion from the webcast that is available for download if you register to listen to the webcast.