City Hall – 18.00-21.30
Please note this event is only open to those from a regulated financial institution
You are invited to attend an upcoming seminar and networking event at the exclusive venue of London’s City Hall on the topic of ‘The Bank of One’. Entitled “Providing contextual, personalised financial services”, the event will bring together a group of senior expert speakers to discuss customers’ changing banking requirements, and how to meet them by providing tailored financial services.
- Raman Bhatia, Head of Digital UK, HSBC
- Johan Van Rooyen, Head of Design & Engineering Lab, Discovery
- Matthew Ford, CEO, Pariti Technologies
- Jamie Devlin, Head of Fundraising and Investor Relations, Tandem Bank
- Moritz Zimmermann, CTO of Hybris, an SAP company
Today’s tech-savvy consumers are demanding banking services tailored to their particular requirements. They see financial services as an enabler for other aspects of their lives and they want their banks to deliver the services and products they need in an efficient, timely way – matching their experiences of being a customer of other digital businesses, the theory of contextual banking is easy to grasp. But how easy is it for banks to provide contextual services in practice? How effectively can banks today use what they “know” about their customers’ behaviour, investment appetites and life plans to predict the products and services they will need? Are they in a position to respond quickly enough to offer products and services at the right time and place to correspond to customers’ individual needs? Are they connected closely enough to their customers’ lives to provide them with meaningful offers?
Through keynote presentations and a panel discussion among established banks, challenger banks and fintech providers, this Finextra event, in association with SAP and Intel, will explore this area in detail. Hear from Raman Bhatia, Head of Digital at HSBC on lifestyle innovations that are improving their customer’s banking experience and from Johan Van Rooyen, Head of Design and Engineering at Discovery on how they plan to launch a new digital lifestyle bank in South Africa building on the huge success of the lifestyle enabled Discovery Vitality insurance brand.
Joining us on the panel will be Matthew Ford, CEO, Pariti Techologies, Jamie Devlin, Head of Fundraising and Investor Relations, Tandem Bank and Moritz Zimmermann, CTO of Hybris, an SAP company, who have developed a new financial management app which provides a mobile enabled budgeting tool.
- What is driving the need to provide contextual banking services?
- Can traditional banks take the lead here or is this space wide open for the new entrants?
- How can providing services tailored to individuals drive commercial advantage?
- What challenges do banks face in providing contextual services? Are there technology/regulatory/cultural/process hurdles? How can they be overcome?
- Do banks have any inherent advantages in this area, and how can they capitalize on them?
- Can banks partner with players from other industries to help provide contextual services?
Please mark your calendar now – 18.00-21.30 on 21 April at City Hall – and register to attend The Bank of One seminar.
- 18:00 - Registration
- 18:30 - Keynote presentations followed by panel session
- 20:00 - Networking