Vienna Hofburg, Austria
The registration process is not live.
By making EBAday a CarbonNeutral® event the Euro Banking Association (EBA) and Finextra are seeking to highlight the environmentally-friendly products that already exist within transaction banking and are on show, such as electronic invoicing solutions.
The format of EBAday already has a number of existing environmentally-friendly elements, including:
- All exhibition stands are re-used every year so waste from the event is limited.
- The event is 'built' by one supplier, ensuring equipment movement is minimal.
- The bulk of the event equipment is sourced locally.
- The EBA's AGM is linked to EBAday, thereby reducing delegate travel as EBA members do not have to travel to two separate events.
In association with the CarbonNeutral Company, a leading carbon consulting and carbon offsetting company, we have calculated the carbon footprint of the event and through changes to the event have progressed to reduce carbon emissions of the event by:
- Recycling waste from the venue where possible.
- Running a paper free pre-event marketing campaign.
Where we are unable to further reduce the event's carbon footprint we have off-set the remaining tons of CO2 through investing in the equivalent carbon credits via a number of environmental, sustainable and greenhouse gas emission reduction projects.
For more information on the CarbonNeutral Company's off-set investments, view the GreenGlobe Portfolio document.
If you would like to find out your carbon emission for attending EBAday, you can access the carbon calculator at the stand of our Carbon Neutral Partner, Deutsche Bank, or the Finextra or EBA stands. » Download the document now 132.9 kb (PDF File)