There is more to real-time payments than speed.
Though a fundamental component in the competitive payments landscape, it’s high time that firms turn their mind to the raft of benefits real-time offers beyond the instantaneous nature of transactions and it has never been more important to remove the barriers to trade by building open, sustainable and instant payment services across the globe.
With real-time comes control. When firms have certainty in their ability to make a payment with security and at a precise moment in time, they are afforded an abundance of benefits to use to their advantage. Liquidity management, data processing, security enhancement, and system resilience resulting from an interoperable ecosystem are just a handful of attributes promised by real-time payments.
Unbridled enthusiasm for Request to Pay across financial services underscores far reaching demand for real-time offerings, while the looming pressures brought about by Covid-19 continue to exacerbate the need for tight control and management over every step within a transaction’s life cycle. As found in FIS annual Flavors of Fast report, 56 countries are now live with real-time payments. Real-time payments is evidently becoming a much more aggressive global standard, making participation in the movement essential for firms intending to succeed in the rapidly evolving payments landscape.
Join in this webinar from Finextra, in association with FIS to join the discussion on the following areas with industry experts:
- Is it too early to prioritise real-time payments?
- Who are the innovators in real-time today?
- Why is real-time liquidity no longer negotiable?
- Why is Request to Pay more than just another overlay service?
- Why is data through standards such as ISO 20022 inherently tied to the strength of payments systems into the future?
- How will real-time reset the cross-border payments landscape?
- Gary Wright - Head of Research, Finextra [Moderator]
- Timothy Mills - SVP, Emerging Payments, Regions Bank
- Wim Grosemans - Global Head of Product Management - Payments & Receivables - Cash Management, BNP Paribas
- Sameer Gupta - Senior VP, Innovation Capability Head, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Citi Bank
- Raja Gopalakrishnan - EVP, Global Real-time Payments, FIS
> Watch the webinar now