Listen to our latest webinar with Hazelcast on demand, as industry experts discuss the imminent collision of open banking and instant payments.
As the payments industry evolves, problems and pressures created by the need for end-to-end security and fraud risks has an impact on the speed of processing. At the same time, increased commerce, a culture of instant gratification, and the digitalisation of services, as well as the increasing convergence on the mobile, means speed is of the essence.
As open banking services proliferate, additional considerations have to be met in terms of speed and security as the evolution of the ecosystem accelerates. Public APIs form a new landscape with a formidable set of challenges around keeping end-to-end data secure while pre-empting fraud. Latency is becoming an issue at the micro level while payments need to be delivered at extreme scale. Payments simply can’t be held up anymore while fraud checks take place.
Join this webinar from Finextra, in association with Hazelcast, to hear experts discuss how banks can address these issues on a global scale.
Topics for discussion include:
- The enabling framework of today’s modern payment system
- The core technology drivers
- How best to adapt IT systems to meet the challenges presented by open banking
- In-memory technology and its benefit to the modern payment ecosystem
- Anna Milne - Editor, Finextra
- John DesJardins - VP Solution Architecture & CTO for N. America, Hazelcast
- Richard Dupree - Senior Vice President, Group Operational Risk, Bank of the West
- John Carey - CTO advisory - Corporate Banking, Digital Engineering, HSBC