Digitalisation as a concept is not a new one in banking, and most banks have made significant progress in digitally transforming key aspects of their business, especially at the front end. But as the digital ecosystem in which banks operate continues to evolve, and as major change drivers such as regulation, technology innovation and new sources of competition intensify the need for banks to digitalise, how well are they doing in achieving the end-to-end digitalisation needed to secure their relevance in the future?
When: Tuesday 4 October, 2016 08:00-10:30 local time
Where: Sofitel New York, 45 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036
Please note: This event is only open to Banks and regulated financial institutions.
There has been much discussion about the implications for banks of PSD2, the move to open banking powered by Open APIs and the rise of instant payments, and at one level the technology impact of these innovations is increasingly well-understood. But there are also commercial and business model impacts to be considered. What progress have banks made in assessing how to monetise PSD2, Open APIs and real-time payments, and how to leverage them to create a central role for themselves in the emerging digital ecosystem? And what challenges remain for banks in transforming their end-to-end technology and operations environments to maximise their chances of success in the digital world?
Finextra and ACI invite you to register your interest to attend this roundtable discussion under the Chatham House Rule, which will bring together senior representatives from the banking industry to explore the challenges and opportunities of end-to-end digitalisation for banks, addressing a number of key questions including:
- How is regulation driving digitalisation, and how well are the banks exploiting the opportunities of regulatory change?
- As digitalisation creates opportunities for new entrants, how well are banks dealing with the disintermediation challenge, and what more do they need to do?
- When it comes to Open APIs, how are banks handling the technical challenge on the one hand, and tackling the commercial opportunity on the other?
- With the move to real-time payments accelerating, how can banks prepare to excel in and exploit the opportunities of a real-time world from an end-to-end perspective?
- What role do emerging technologies such as blockchain and the Internet of Things (IoT) play in shaping the digital landscape, and are banks doing enough to leverage these?
- How successful have banks been so far in carving out a role for themselves in the digital ecosystem, what challenges do they still need to overcome, and are they getting the support they need from their suppliers?
- Paul Thomalla, Managing Director and SVP EMEA, ACI Worldwide
- Jeremy Light, Managing Director Accenture Payment Services, Europe, Africa and Latin America, Accenture
- Mayank Mishra, Global Head of Online Banking, Mobile and Connectivity Services, Citi
Register your interest now to join us for what we are sure will be an entertaining and insightful morning of networking and discussion in the company of your industry peers.