Financial crime is a big, bad business. A recent assessment put the global cost at some $1.6 trillion and the UK government’s latest risk assessment described financial crime as a matter of national security, while estimating an annual cost to the UK of GBP24 billion in social and economic terms. The banks are at the forefront of the fight against financial crime, and the focus on ensuring the money that flows through them is clean is not going to diminish.
This Finextra webinar, in association with Oracle and Atos, features a panel of industry experts who will address the challenges faced by both banks and non-banks in the turbulent environment.
The panel includes:
- Dr. Tony Wicks, Head of AML Initiatives, SWIFT
- Matthew Long, Financial Crime and GRC Management Global Solution Lead, Oracle
- Michael Davison, Industry Principal, Financial Services, Atos
This webinar brings together a panel of experts to explore the challenges of financial crime compliance management in this context. Issues to be discussed include:
- How does 4AMLD change the compliance landscape?
- How well are banks fighting financial crime today? Where are the gaps – in terms of technology and processes?
- How big a challenge is compliance with 4AMLD?
- What are the options for smaller and newer financial institutions? What is the fastest, cheapest route to compliance?
- How do the regulators view outsourcing of compliance activities to third parties?
- How can larger institutions turn the challenge of compliance into an opportunity to gain a holistic view?
- What are the key technologies banks can leverage for compliance – from cloud to data to analytics?
- How well served are the different industry players by solutions and services for financial crime compliance?
- What’s next? How can banks ensure the efforts they make to comply with current regulation stand them in good stead to achieve compliance in the environment of the future?