The European Commission has now submitted its proposal to the European Parliament and the Council (Member States) for legislation, which will require all EU states to move to T+2, with the objective of harmonising the securities settlement landscape before the introduction of Target 2 Securities (T2S) in 2015. The proposed date for harmonisation to T+2, as recommended by the Harmonisation of Settlement Cycles Working Group (HSC WG), is 2015.
The T+2 proposal offers a host of questions for the industry:
- How will the market cope?
- Is the industry ready for T+2?
- What is the current status?
- Has the industry already done enough to meet T+2 regulations?
- What is outstanding? What does the industry need to do further to prepare for T+2?
- What options are there to help firms attain compliance and achieve settlement efficiency?
To answer these we have gathered a host of industry experts to discuss these and other questions:
- Alan Cameron, head of client segment – broker dealers and investment banks, BNP Paribas
- Ben Parker, executive director, head of EMEA clearing and settlement, Investment Bank, UBS
- Robert Fair, senior business development manager, Euroclear
- Tony Freeman, executive director of industry relations, Omgeo
- Virginie O'Shea, analyst at the Aite Group (moderator)
Watch a preview of the webcast now