A Finextra Dinner Club event in association with IBM & Calypso
Finextra is hosting an exclusive executive-level dinner at the Walbrook Club in the heart of the City, featuring a presentation from Henry Raschen, Head of Regulatory and Industry Affairs Europe, HSBC Securities Services. Guests will be welcomed by IBM's Keith Bear, Director, Financial Markets.
Perhaps one of the most critical regulatory imperatives is that of increased transparency. Global regulators and policy makers are attempting to make the financial system better able to withstand future shocks by minimising opacity in capital markets and reducing the complexity of the instruments traded in them. Moving OTC derivatives onto Central Counterparty Clearing Houses is one such initiative.
The logic is sound - but what is the true impact of such a move? The Finextra dinner club will cover:
- Will it make the system safer?
- Will the standardisation of products necessarily lead to reduced margins?
- How will CCPs handle the number of new products that there will be demand for?
- What is the impact on systemic risk and how will this be contained ?
- Can all parties reinvent systems and processes to effectively and affordably operate in this new environment?
- What is the best way to implement processes and systems quickly whilst remaining compliant with legislation?
Join Finextra, IBM & Calypso for the latest in our series of Finextra dinner debates. We will discuss how the industry should best adapt to an environment where the rules are ever changing. It promises to be an excellent evening of debate with your peers and colleagues amongst the elegant surroundings of the Walbrook Club.
Places at the dinner are reserved for executive level professionals, as well as senior managers involved in regulation, risk, post-trade services, clearing and settlement, operations and securities services at banks and financial services firms. Attendees are individually vetted to ensure a high level of networking opportunities.