Many banks are confronting challenges with monolithic legacy infrastructure amidst the transition to the cloud. In the process of shutting down data centres to migrate to the cloud, financial institutions are realising the need to reap the benefits of the cloud with an increasing urgency, mitigating risk and saving costs for their company in the process.
There is no silver bullet to modernise quickly and effectively, but there are ways to implement cloud native microservices that can combat recurring concerns such as losing domain knowledge, lack of documentation, and the high costs of navigating legacy applications.
In order to modernise businesses with legacy applications that are difficult to navigate, cloud native solutions need to prioritise migrating and improving applications simultaneously. Therefore, the process of digitally decoupling from older applications will be streamlined.
Sign up for this Finextra webinar, hosted in association with MongoDB and Accenture, to join our panel of industry experts as they discuss the following areas:
- What approaches can financial institutions take to modernise legacy applications?
- How can banks and fintechs overcome risk in the transition to cloud?
- Why is it essential for financial institutions to expedite their cloud migration processes?
- What innovations are currently in play in transitioning data centres to the cloud?
- Gary Wright - Head of Research, Finextra [Moderator]
- Boris Bialek - Managing Director, Industry Solutions, MongoDB
- Sandipan Chanda - Managing Director, Accenture