We are now in the era of mainframe modernisation.
Banks now understand that migrating on-premises mainframe workloads to a runtime environment on the cloud will resolve challenges with future build, data management and regulatory compliance. With the cloud providing the necessary building blocks for successful migration, knowledge of programming languages, risk of data lock in and threats to reputation are no longer issues.
However, larger financial institutions may find it difficult to migrate applications while modernising mainframe workloads and keeping the lights on at the same time. While cost reduction, increased agility, or a lack of tech talent within the organisation is enough reason to shift to the cloud, the implication of the cloud as a solution to get banks there cannot be ignored and a roadmap for mainframe modernisation must be established.
Cloud migration is not just a technology shift. It also requires a cultural shift within the organisation: all hands-on deck to ensure that there is continuous delivery while older technologies are deprecated, and cloud is increasingly adopted.
Sign up for this Finextra webinar, in association with Contino and AWS, to join our panel of industry experts as they discuss the following areas:
- Migration and its role in modernisation and digital transformation of financial services,
- Smoothing out the journey to the cloud and the risks involved,
- The tech skills gap and the talent required for successful mainframe modernisation, and
- Building a roadmap to success and considering organisational culture.
- Gary Wright - Head of Research, Finextra [Moderator]
- Michael Breashears - Account Director, Contino (a Cognizant company)
- Bruno Sahinoglu - Worlwide Principal Mainframe Partner Solution Architect, Amazon Web Services (AWS)