The International Organization of Securities Committees (IOSCO) has outlined the four dimensions it will seek to achieve in its role as a global reference point for securities regulators, the industry and policy makers:
- delivering on the G20 reform agenda;
- deepening capacity building in growth and emerging markets;
- defining regulatory priorities; and
- developing standards and principles to support the growing role that market-based finance will play in financing economic growth on an ongoing basis.
IOSCO's growth and emerging market steering committee, which is comprised of leading emerging market regulators, reaffirmed its commitment to strengthening the resilience of emerging markets by:
- strengthening institutional structures;
- adopting a more forward-looking and pro-active approach to identifying risk; and
- building regulatory capacity, including in the area of supervision and enforcement.
Building on this, enhancements were also proposed to strengthen the framework for the cooperation and exchange of information by IOSCO member states.