Online banking is not ready as long as users:
- users have to type in loads of reference numbers, dates, amounts etc when paying bills
- do not get mobile notifications when needed for too low or too high balances, transactions effected, invoices received etc
- cannot approve proposals with mobile press “a” for affecting proposal (invoice payment, new repayment schedule, new service etc)
- do not have handy way of listing payments per receiver and sender
- cannot use the account statement as cash based accounting (in accordance with new EU VAT directive) and cash flow estimate
- the user experience is different when you log on in employee or private role
All of these can be done once the bank is starting to provide e-invoicing as a part of extended payments services and connect to multi-device mobile environments.