The European Commission has published a document containing frequently asked questions (FAQs) following requests for clarifications about the data templates that accompanied its May 2013 consultation paper on EU banking structural reform. The FAQs relate
to the confidentiality of the information provided by respondents and provide further information on:
- the regulatory proposals that should be taken into account under the counterfactual scenario;
- the provisions of CRD IV that should be taken into account;
- whether the impact of national structural reform initiatives should be included;
- whether banks can provide data on the basis of the end 2012 figures; and
- how costs incurred as a result of implementing structural reforms should be
captured in the spread sheet.
The original closing date for comments was 3 July 2013 this has been extended to 11 July 2013.