I applaud BofA in their bold move into the bloggosphere. I also think that here should be an industry code of conduct for blogging with customers on financial sites, don't cringe - it'll be good for everyone.
Let's start it here:
Financial Services Customer Blogs Code of Conduct
- We will listen to/read issues raised by our customers.
- We have the right to choose to remove issues which have been resolved.
- We have the right to publish elsewhere either part, or the whole of issues which have been resolved.
- We have the right to remove issues which have transferred to an adjudication or mediation venue.
- No personal, identifiable customer or account information may be posted to the site whatsoever.
- Customers will be provided with randomly allocated non-offensive aliases to use on the blogs to ensure privacy and impartiality are preserved.
- No personal attacks are permitted to be posted.
- The names of employees may only be posted by the institution in the approved form.
How's that for a start?