First Data Corporation, a global leader in electronic commerce and payment processing, today launched First Data Rapid Connect, a new technology layer that enables simplified integration to First Data.
Rapid Connect provides software developers and direct-connect merchants with a streamlined way to create, test, certify and deliver payment-rich applications all through a single interface to enable customers to pay any way and anywhere they choose. First Data introduced Rapid Connect to the developer community at the First Data Innovation Summit this week in Las Vegas.
The Rapid Connect solution provides development and testing tools to allow developers and First Data merchant partners to easily manage payment interfaces and self-certify, saving time and cost. Users get access to a simple web-portal, easily accessible online certification management, tailored developer tool-kits, a robust development Sandbox, a universal message format, specialized support resources and a framework that will support ongoing innovation.
"With Rapid Connect, it is easier than ever before for developers to partner with First Data by integrating multiple payment applications through a single interface," said Mark Herrington, First Data executive vice president of Global Product Management and Innovation. "The solution's powerful yet simple interface is designed to expedite development to complement First Data's global payment reach and emerging technologies to create a truly Universal Commerce experience."
Rapid Connect Key Benefits
FLEXIBLE TECHNOLOGY AND BUILT-IN INNOVATION
- Rapid delivery of new First Data products, features, and programs.
- The developer portal contains SDKs, documentation, code snippets, testing tools & other resources.
REDUCES TIME, COST & COMPLEXITY OF INTEGRATING WITH FIRST DATA
- Global message specification allows developers to quickly enable access to a wide array of payment services available on First Data's platforms.
- Sandbox allows for real-time test results and automated certification.
SIMPLIFIES TESTING, ACCELERATES CERTIFICATION AND EXPEDITES TIME TO MARKET
- Online test environment with automated diagnostic tools, sample applications, error diagnosis of failure points and immediate visibility into test results speeds code review, letting users quickly address fixes and decreasing time to certification from months to weeks.
OFFERS PRODUCT VISIBILITY AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR BUSINESS GROWTH
- The Marketplace lets partners promote their products and applications to merchants or sales agents through a self-guided workflow that generates an in-depth product profile.
- Enhanced search capabilities let sales agents or merchants to quickly find the right solutions and connect directly to the vendor.
How it Works
The Rapid Connect technology layer is the single point of integration to all First Data payment types, industries and platforms - anywhere. With a comprehensive development resource portal, developers can quickly and easily integrate a wide variety of payments services into any partner or merchant application. Rapid Connect also offers a feature-rich online test environment, readily-available support and immediate access to innovative payment technologies.