The Nasdaq OMX Group (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today announced the introduction of the Directors Desk Enterprise Management System, a proprietary solution within Directors Desk to simplify the management of multiple subsidiary or related-entity boards with a one click solution.
"Given the increasingly complex board structures and communication needs multi-national companies have, the Enterprise Management System provides boards and corporate secretaries with a complete solution for transparency, cost-savings, and time efficiency through a secure, fully hosted online technology," said Demetrios N. Skalkotos, Senior Vice President of Global Corporate Services, NASDAQ OMX. "With this tool activated in the Directors Desk portal, multi-entity meetings including announcements, materials and updates are easier to manage with a one click solution."
The proprietary Enterprise Management System is included in the Directors Desk portal and does not come with an additional fee.
Directors Desk benefits and features also include:
• Electronic board books;
• Calendar and event management;
• Legally binding online voting module;
• Video conferencing for committee meetings;
• Contact management;
• Corporate Secretary's toolkit;
• Document management for confidential matters;
• Professional support assistance online;
• Compliance with the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Certification of U.S. companies with operations in Europe.
In addition, Directors Desk is fully functional on an iPad and offers users the ability to access and use their Directors Desk accounts on their iPads in many ways including:
• Open any PDF
• Open password-protected PDFs
• Save Meeting Books for offline viewing
• Navigate long Meeting Books using PDF bookmarks
• Send Secure Email
Currently, Directors Desk serves more than 10,000 directors representing more than 230 organizations worldwide, including many Fortune 500 companies.
Directors Desk is one of many corporate governance products from NASDAQ OMX Global Corporate Solutions, which offers services across its Communications, Intelligence, Visibility, and Governance Platforms.