E*Trade Financial (NASDAQ: ETFC) today announced the launch of Equity Edge Online, the new web-based, integrated, end-to-end equity compensation management platform from E*Trade Financial Corporate Services.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Equity Edge Online provides flexible, accurate and auditable financial reporting, enabling companies to save time, reduce costs and increase efficiencies in their employee stock plan solutions1.
"Equity as a means of employee compensation is gaining popularity as companies seek to attract and retain top talent. However, issuing stock grants presents challenges, including how to administer and report this benefit in an evolving accounting and regulatory environment," said James Wulforst, President of E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporate Services. "Our extensive experience working with Fortune 500 companies uniquely positions us to help corporations address these equity compensation challenges with the fully customizable, integrated solution available through Equity Edge Online."
Building on the success of the Equity Edge software, the new online platform supports most equity vehicles - including stock options, restricted stock awards and units, appreciation rights and employee stock purchase programs - and is a fully integrated, end-to-end solution benefiting corporate administrators as well as employees.
Key Features of Equity Edge Online:
* Comprehensive accounting with period close capabilities
- Retrieve identical values to those reported at the time any period was closed
- Capture the impact of out-of-period transactions entered after a period is closed
- Use a restricted mode to prevent data changes while a period is being closed
- Maintain multiple overlapping periods to help meet accounting and financial reporting requirements
* Easy scenario modeling
- Develop test scenarios quickly and easily without the need to tap IT resources
- Test the impact of different plan designs without impacting production data
- Test large events such as restricted stock release before execution
- Train users in a risk-free environment
* Advanced reporting
- Customize reporting: adjust, modify or create reports from scratch
- Run multiple reports simultaneously and in the background while doing other work
- Easily save and share reports across the company
* Greater efficiency while saving money
- Manage stock plan administration tasks from a single log-on screen
- Free up compliance, accounting and IT resources with one-click audits and no-hassle upgrades
- Collaborate in real-time with colleagues worldwide, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Save money with powerful tools at no additional expense like full period close capabilities and customized reporting
1. E*TRADE Corporate Services and its affiliates do not provide legal, accounting or tax advice. Consult your own advisors for legal, accounting or tax advice.