Who is holding back - governments or banks?
Needed for accelerating citizens' use of government e-services:
1. That the public sector realizes that it is not the only service citizens use - and in fact one of the most infrequently used and then
2. allows and encourages citizens to use the so frequently used familiar and secure e-banking log-in-id also in the public sector (banks can provide it also to those who do not use e-banking or have accounts)
- thus achieve a order-of-magnitude faster take-up
- get high citizen satisfaction
- save very substantial amounts of tax payers money
- avoid humiliation with failed smart card schemes
Why not? How long will tax payers allow this miserable isolation to continue?
More on this in earlier posts:
e-id service making great progress
Questions European tax payers should ask:
e-ID volume progress in 2009: