2 vacancies in Brussels, Belgium
1 vacancy in Paris, France
EBA CLEARING (ABE CLEARING S.A.S.), a Company under French law, is a provider of pan-European payment infrastructure solutions. EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1 and STEP2, which provide efficient, secure and cost-effective interbank channels facilitating end-to-end processing of payment messages denominated in euro.
EBA CLEARING was established in June 1998 by 52 major European and international banks with the mission to own and operate the EURO1 large-value payment system. Today, EBA CLEARING counts 62 shareholder banks and offers payment infrastructure services for the processing of both individual and mass transactions to a wide community of banks across Europe. Besides running and evolving its existing services, EBA CLEARING developed MyBank, a pan-European e-authorisation solution for Internet purchases based on online banking, which went live in March 2013.
In the context of the growth of the company and its activities, EBA CLEARING is looking for a pro-active, co-operative and communicative lawyer with outstanding legal skills to reinforce its Legal Department.
The Legal Department consists of a small team of lawyers and is entrusted with the responsibility for legal matters pertaining to the activities of EBA CLEARING (excluding labour and tax law).
In this position you will work closely together with the members of the Legal Department and report to the General Counsel.
Your tasks will include:
- detailed legal analysis of questions arising in connection with or formulated by the different teams working on the payment systems and other services of EBA CLEARING and providing solution-oriented legal advice in relation to the same
- negotiation and follow-up of contracts with the main service providers and managing contacts with external law firms
- follow-up of relevant legal and regulatory developments and analysis of their relevance for the company, its activities and services
- developing, implementing and maintaining a compliance programme for the company and its activities with regard to the relevant oversight, regulatory and supervisory requirements applying to the field of payment systems and/or to financial market infrastructures
- legal engineering in relation to new services and changes to existing services of EBA CLEARING
- contributing to the drafting of legal documentation governing the services offered by EBA CLEARING and the multi-jurisdictional analysis of various aspects relating to the operation of and participation in payment systems and payment-related services
The successful candidate will have:
- a university law degree (specialisation in banking or financial law is a plus)
- international work experience as a member of a legal department of a bank or in a law firm
- intimate knowledge of and solid experience in the finance and banking industry including the European payment industry
- excellent English skills, written and oral, for communication with internal and external counterparties as well as negotiations with third parties
- additional European languages (French, German,...) would be a plus
- a team player attitude
- experience in the handling and implementation of regulatory and/or supervisory requirements in the field of payments or market infrastructures would be an asset
Before applying for this position, which is based either in Brussels (Belgium) or in Paris (France), please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.
If you think you meet the required qualifications and skills, if you are entrepreneurial and are willing to develop your career in a challenging and international environment, with enticing compensation and benefits, and if you would like to work for a company that plays a key role in expanding pan-European payment infrastructures, we invite you to send your application and CV for the attention of:
Anne ROLLAND Head of Human Resources EBA CLEARING S.A.S.
40 rue de Courcelles
For further information about EBA CLEARING please visit our websites at www.abe-eba.eu – www.ebaclearing.eu – www.ebaportal.eu – www.ebaday.com – www.mybankpayments.eu
Contact:Anne Rolland - email@example.com