I had fun with RBS Internet Banking on Sunday. When I went to Login as usual via a page dedicated to RBS Customers in England, I got an error message that my Login credentials hd not been recognised.
I contacted their Help Desk via Chatroom, and they assured me everything was working correctly, and what I needed to do was delete all my Cookies & Temporary Internet Files. Sceptical, I tried logging on via another Desktop, and then via my BlackBerry, and
both had the same problem.
Back into chatroom, I told them what I'd tried, and they told me there must be a glitch on my Internet connection, because it was showing up as I'd tried to access from 3 multiple devices, and my Account was now suspended. I politely pointed out what I'd
just told them I'd done across 3 devices.
They assured me that there was nothing wrong and everything was functioning normally. I asked how could thst be so if I couldn't access my Account?
They repeatedly assured me that the only way to fix the problem was to delete all my Cookies & Temporary Internet Files and wait for 30 minutes. Asking how deleting doing that on my Laptop would magically fix the problem on my Desktop & Blackberry, they
just repeated what they said. They declined to consider any other alternatives such as raising a fault log.
So reluctantly I did delete My Cookies, closed the browser, re-booted the laptop for good measure, and of course, there was no change.
Finally talking to a 4th individual at RBS Help, he instead gave me a completely different URL which did give me access (after 2 hours of messing about).
Monday morning I've checked, and the 'official' England URL hasn't been rescinded but still doesn't work; instead of telling you up front this URL no longer works, they wait until you go through the full login procedure before they give you the error message.
It's enough to make you want to leave.