POLi continues to innovate through the release of their Facebook app in beta mode.
The app lets Facebook users request money from friends. The friends can then pay through the familiar POLi process completely embedded within Facebook. Both the payer and recipient receive a notification when payment is made ensuring there are no disagreements or foggy memories.
Initial marketing of the app will be aimed at Facebook users with upcoming birthdays – now they can try and monetise their friends list! Unlike other peer to peer products on the market this is the first that is completely bank independent, allows users to request money and facilitates payments from internet banking rather than credit cards. Best of all this is another free consumer service from POLi.
This is the first in a series of Facebook Apps to be released by POLi, we are currently working hard on a solution that will allow charities to efficiently collect donations via their Facebook pages. Centricom Pty Ltd ABN 73 105 393 664 Level 1, 600 Chapel Street, South Yarra, Melbourne 3141.
How it Works - Requesting funds from friends
- Install the Pay anyone online with POLi app from here https://apps.facebook.com/polipayments_beta/
- Enter your BSB and Account Details (for receipt of funds)
- Select Send Request and choose from your Facebook friends (you can select multiple friends)
- Enter the amount and add your personal message ie “Time to fork out for the meal last night”
- Hit the Send Request button and sit back and wait! How it Works – Receiving requests from friends
How it Works – Receiving requests from friends
- If you receive a funds request, you’ll be prompted to install the Pay anyone online with POLi app
- Select Manage Requests
- Select ‘pay’ next to the appropriate friends request
- Select your bank
- Log into your internet bank account and follow the prompts to complete the Pay Anyone transaction.
- Once confirmed, both parties will receive a notification that payment has been made.