The Board of Supervisors of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) yesterday elected Gérard Rameix as a member of its Management Board, which is responsible for ensuring that the Authority carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it under its founding Regulation.
Mr. Rameix, who is Chairman of the French Autorité des Marchés Financiers, replaces Kurt Pribil from Austria's Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA), who has recently left the FMA, on the Management Board. The term will last until October 2014.
Gérard Rameix, Chairman of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers, said after his election:
"I am pleased to have been chosen by my Board of Supervisor colleagues to fill this position on the Management Board. ESMA has an important role to play in the coming years in European securities markets, and I look forward to working with my colleagues to help ESMA achieve its objectives."
The Management Board is chaired by Steven Maijoor, ESMA Chair. Following yesterday's election, the Management Board consists of:
• Karl-Burkhard Caspari, Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin), Germany;
• Jean Guill, Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), Luxembourg;
• Raul Malmstein, Finantsinspektsioon, Estonia;
• Gérard Rameix, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France;
• Julie Galbo, Finanstilsynet, Denmark and
• Martin Wheatley, Financial Services Authority (FSA), United Kingdom.