TheEuropean Banking Authority (EBA) has published a consultation paper on
draft implementing technical standards (ITS) under the Capital Requirements
Directive (CRD IV), specifying the format, structure, contents list and annual
publication date of the supervisory information to be disclosed by competent
authorities in the banking sector.
In its assessment of the impact of the CRD IV framework, the Commission
highlighted the fact that the fragmentation of supervisory reporting practices
between Member States:
- hampers effective communication and cooperation between supervisory authorities, putting financial stability and depositor protection at risk in particularly in stressed circumstances when coordination between national supervisors is necessary; and
- imposes additional reporting costs on cross-border institutions, because of different sets of requirements that apply at consolidated and subsidiary levels.
To address these issues, the European Commission has proposed that national
authorities should publish regularly supervisory information using a common
The detailed templates which are to be completed by competent authorities as of 31
December each year and published on the following 31 July are listed in the
annex to the ITS covering the following:
- Rules and guidance, with specific templates covering the application of the Capital Requirements Directive, guidance for model approval, slotting criteria, waivers for solo supervision, mergers and acquisitions, credit risk mitigation,
application of Pillar 3, changes to minimum loss given default values,
remuneration, eligible providers of unfunded credit protection, application of
the reporting on financial information;
- Options and national discretions;
- Supervisory review and evaluation process criteria and methodologies; and
- Aggregate statistical data on national banking sectors, credit risk, market risk, operational risk and supervisory measures / administrative penalties.
Comments are requested by 9 October 2013. A public hearing to discuss the draft
ITS will be held on 27 September 2013.