The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published a call for evidence on the effects of the Short Selling Regulation and is surveying market participants. The review focusses on:
- transparency and reporting requirement;
- restriction on short selling shares and sovereign debt;
- restrictions on entering into uncovered sovereign credit default swap positions;
- settlement discipline, including buy in procedures;
- exemptions from the provisions; and
- intervention powers and emergency measures.
Responses are requested by 15 March 2013.